Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

And then the sun came out...


I have been through a lifetime of storms. The storms came so early, that I forgot what the sun looked like. Some storms were lighter than others, some tragic. Each storm left damage behind. Just when I started to rebuild, here comes another, destroying my progress. I finally realized I was using the wrong building materials and trying to reconstruct on a broken foundation. So I asked for new materials (realizing that I couldn't rebuild this on my own) and started building on a new foundation. Then one day, the sun came out. What a beautiful sight. As I sat in silence taking in the magnificence - I realized it was always there - I just couldn't look past the clouds. Now I know when the rain clouds come, they are just seeking the sun as well and blocking my view. Even though I can't see them, the rays are still shining down on me. I smile in that knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment