Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Inspiration

I have kind of been in a funk this past week or so.  I couldn't seem to shake it. I lost my motivation. Didn't feel the drive I normally feel. I felt tired, run down, sad at times. It seemed life was throwing me curve balls two at a time...and then BAM! As I was driving home today, it hit me. Inspiration hit me so hard I had to pull over and pull the notebook out of my purse. (Yes, I now carry one at all times, the result of my recent trip- still need to write about that I know.) In a matter of minutes, I had filled several pages. It flowed from my soul. The release felt better than therapy, massages and chocolate all wrapped up in one. Then it hit me. I have not been writing. I let life get in the way again and stopped doing what I love the most. I can't remember the last time I did a photo shoot for myself. I haven't written consistently on my blogs for weeks.  But, one line, in one song, slapped me into gear. Thank God for music. Hearing someone else pour their soul into their craft reminded me of this journey I'm on and forced me to pull out of the rest stop. The fire inside is lit again...and for that I am forever grateful. Inspiration- you never know what you might spark inside someone else simply by doing what you love. So get on the road and get out there. Live, Love, Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment