Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Construction

It's funny how life happens. My closest friends are all going through some sort of re-construction phase in their lives. Me included. All for different reasons, but all very life changing experiences. It's not due to environment, because we are all spread out across the country. So maybe it's the age thing. Maybe this is what really happens in your 30s when you look back at your 20s and realize you are not the person you envisioned you would be. But who ever said that person you saw when you were 20 was really the person you were supposed to be at 30? What did you really know about yourself at 20? Exactly. So you made dumb choices and wonder where the time went. We all do. Some of us are still making the SAME dumb choices. That is how you get stuck. Learn from it and you will break the pattern. Anyway, my inner re-construction has caused me to re-construct the external space around me. Not only clearing more space to make room for those blessing waiting for me, but creating brand new spaces. New spaces for new phases in my life. Only this time, I know exactly who I am supposed to be right now. What do I see at 40? I think I will let that be a surprise. Can't wait to see though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment