Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Open book

I got some new ink this past weekend. My own visual interpretation of  2 Corinthians 5:7. It is the foundation of how I am trying to live my life. I really love it. Shot out to Joe Vegas at 13 Roses in East Atlanta. I will be back for more. I also recently started a new writing class. I am not happy with myself if I am not taking a class or teaching one. So right now I'm in my happy place. My 30s are not at all what I expected them to be. If you have been following me, you have had glimpses of the ups and downs. I've shared parts of my growth. I realize that I haven't been documenting all that I should. I haven't been sharing all of my "chronicles." I know there are lessons in my omissions and I'm sure there are many of you who can relate.  So I will do a better job sharing those lessons. In some cases, I may change the names or locations to protect the innocent. :) Take this as a warning: If you are in my life, you may end up on my blog. I'm learning a lot about love lately. Mostly that what I thought was love in the past wasn't. Or maybe it was but the people involved, myself included, just didn't know how to express it right. Or maybe we knew but were too scared or too selfish to. All in all, I am in a great place in my life. There will always be challenges. It's how we overcome those challenges that makes us who we are. So moving forward, my book is open, not just cracked. Feel free to follow as I stumbled through the scenes, pages and chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment