Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Old Friends

I ran into my oldest, dearest friend today. I almost didn't recognize her.  I wasn't expecting to see her at all. When I did see her, I realized it's been a long, long time. She looked beautiful. I don't ever remember seeing her that happy. I was grateful. I embraced her and then we sat in silence for awhile. It was as if all of that time hadn't past. I let other people come into my life and put our relationship on the back burner. I lost site of what was important and who should be a priority in my life. But I learned from it all and realize I am a much better person for making those mistakes. I know now our relationship will be stronger than ever and we will never lose each other again. I ran into my oldest, dearest friend today. It happened when I took a real look in the mirror.  She's been waiting there all along.  

No comments:

Post a Comment