Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vote for Change

Today I conquered the voting line. It was not as bad as I expected. In total it was about 2 hours of my life. I have spent 2 hours in line at Cedar Point to ride the newest ride. I have spent 2 hours (on multiple occasions) sitting in the airport waiting on a plane stuck in the traffic jam in the sky over Hartsfield. I have spent 2 hours standing around at a wack party. So today I was pleased to spend 2 hours waiting in line, in the cold, to vote for change.  We all take our blessings for granted. We take for granted the simple fact we woke up this morning and were blessed with another day. We take for granted that there was a time we couldn't even stand outside of many of the buildings we are voting in. We take for granted the many people who gave their lives so we could have this basic right.  We take for granted that we live in a country where our voice can make a difference if enough of us are speaking- even though most of the time it feels like we don't count. This is the time to show we do. Who would have thought that in 2008 we would be this close to having a Black President.

No comments:

Post a Comment