Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Love Lessons

 I can't believe it's almost October. This year has flew by. I have been reflecting on this year as I set some pretty big goals and sort of ended up on a different path. I want to make sure I'm not missing any lessons meant for me. If I had to give this year a title so far, it would be the year of "love lessons." If you have known me for a long time or paid any attention to my blog, you have an idea of my history with relationships. You would think I would have learned some things a long time ago, but some lessons you keep repeating because you don't like the truth in them. I've learned no matter how much you don't like the truth, it is a blessing and will set you free. I think I have learned the most lessons about love this year of my life than all of the other years combined. The biggest lesson I'm still learning is how to really be in love with me. For a long time, I had no clue. I loved others more than I loved myself and it caused me a lot of heartache and pain. It took me a long time to realize I had to love myself first. If I didn't know how to do that right, how I could never really love anyone else? And how could anyone else ever really love me? I've learned what love doesn't look like. I lied to myself about that one for a very long time. Love doesn't hurt. I've learned that love can come unexpectedly and sometimes instantly. I've learned that love doesn't mean you have to be with someone and you can love from afar. I've learned a lot about reasons, seasons and lifetimes. I've learned the heart is very resilient and is always capable of loving again no matter how broken you may think it is. Most or all, I've learned that if you live each day with love and put love into everything you do, love will always come back to you.  Spread luv. 

No comments:

Post a Comment