Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Super Powers

On a daily basis I hear of incredible new super powers created in the mind of the most amazing boy I know. (I swear I am not biased just because I made him myself.) It's amazing the detail he puts into the characters he creates in his on-going action adventure. This is a game he has been playing for almost two years. And yes as he gets older it evolves and he never forgets a detail. It's quite mind blowing. As I was listening to my daily re-cap of this adventure, I began thinking about super powers. We all have super powers. Most of us just waste them, never tapping into them. We all have special gifts that make us who we are. So why don't we use them? We read about the super powers of those who have lived before us, but think for some reason we are not capable of these amazing things. Is it simply that we have lost our imagination? The capability of manifesting these powers with our thoughts? At what point in life do we lose this brilliant imagination? And how can we get it back? I pray that my son never loses his.

No comments:

Post a Comment