Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My President is Black...

Today is a day that will be remembered and reflected upon throughout history. We are all witness to the day when the world moved in a new direction. Watching the first black (yes he is mixed like me but in the eyes of society, black and proud to be) President address the nation brought chills to my bones. I could feel the pain, struggle and sacrifice of the many people who gave their lives fighting, praying and hoping to one day witness such a remarkable event. To think that President Obama is sleeping tonight in the most famous home ever built by slaves. I have hope for the future. I am prepared to do MY part in the change taking place. Yes WE can. It's time to step up, take responsibility and do YOUR part. We are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment