Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Today, I smiled.

Not that I never smile, I do. I smile all the time. But today was different. I've spent the weekend socializing with new and old friends. I also somehow managed to have a few very important conversations with people that mean a whole lot to me. So in the midst of all my socializing, part of my mind was reflecting. (Thank goodness for my excellent multi-tasking skills.) The kind of deep reflection you would think would require yoga or meditation or something along those lines. But I managed to pull it off right there in the middle of everyone, yet no one seemed to know the inner workings I was putting on myself.  As I got home this evening and sat down in my own element, I realized in the quietness, I was smiling. I was not stressed out, or worrying or upset or angry or overwhelmed. I was smiling.  I am peaceful. It may not be perfect, but I have a good life...finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment