Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Friday, November 7, 2008

If these walls could talk...

We all have things in our lives we know we need to work on. Things we know we need to change. For me, it's tearing down the walls. You would think I was quite an impressive builder if you could see the walls I have been building for the past 25 years. Anything 25 years in the making is quite remarkable. It is also very hard to undo. I stand behind my walls of armour with an S on my chest and a smile on my face like many of the Superwomen out there. But if you remove the walls and take off the cape you will see the fears, struggles and pain I have been through to get me to this place. Building these walls have left many bumps and bruises along the way.  My walls are an illusion of protection, safety, something necessary to get to tomorrow. But the same walls we build as a form of self protection can also keep out blessings God is sending our way. There comes a time when you need to tear down the walls and start building a new foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment