Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Importance of Forgiveness

To forgive. It can sometimes feel like the hardest thing to do. So we walk around holding grudges...focused on negatively...clinging to the hurt.  When we are born we should receive a manual of life's lessons that we should learn early. At the top of the list should be forgiveness with a special footnote that points out that most often the hardest person to forgive is ourselves. I've realized the power of forgiveness. Of letting go and moving on. I've learned how important it is to get rid of that, clear the space and allow what has been waiting for you to move in.  Yes, I have forgiven those in my life that have caused me the most pain. A+ for that. But if forgiving yourself is the passage to graduation...I am still writing my dissertation. Hindsight is a mutha. Looking back at the why did I-s, what was I thinking-s and only if I-s can drive you crazy. If I would have just did this differently or made that left instead of going straight my life would be perfect right? Not likely. I would just end up with another set of what ifs. My dissertation is coming along nicely though. I have realized that it isn't about the bad choices or regrets. Life is about the lessons I have learned from them. So I am focusing on the lessons. Getting one step closer to graduation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment