Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tears of Joy

I must say this morning is one I will never forget. As I left my house to take my son to school, I noticed a difference in the people around me. I can feel the hope...see it in the smiles on the faces of those I encountered. I don't think we knew that this day would be so emotional. As Black people, we have shed a lot of tears during our history in this country. Last night, for the first time millions of Black Americans cried collective tears of joy. Everyone in this country is taking part in history no matter what the race. But for Black Americans to see one of our own take the thrown - it's validation a long time coming. Something many who haven't experienced being a minority in America could never understand. Emotions of our ancestors run deep in our souls today. Former slaves are smiling down on us sharing in our tears of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment