Reflections of Round 1 and experiences yet to come.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Merge

So I have been living in Atlanta for 4 years. It's true, things are just different down south.  People say "Hi" and wave that don't even know you. People smile at you for no reason. But I'm not quite sure what happens to "southern hospitality" on I85, I75, I20 I285, HWY 316, or just about any other street I may drive on any given day. Hospitality flies out the window. It's like people are competing to win a million dollars and to win you have to be the rudest, dumbest driver on the road. The word for the day is MERGE. Meaning that each car alternates when "merging" onto the highway or any situation where you are entering existing traffic. The result- you keep it moving. That's all it takes not to sit for hours in traffic that is being held up by a few cars who don't know how to go with the flow. Keep it moving. I know why some people seem mad for no reason in ATL. It's not the bad economy. It's not the mortgage crisis. The traffic is driving everyone mad. I don't know if people who need to learn patience have all migrated to ATL and God is trying to teach us all a lesson at the same time or if it is just amusing for Him to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment